Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Left her waterpot (John 4:28-30)

The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, "Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?" Then they went out of the city and came to Him.  John 4:28-30

There is a very good chance that if I had not become such good friends with a guy named Jorge, and hung out with him so much, I might not have met Daniela.  I don't know (nor do I care to know) how my life would be different.  If I had not met her, we would not have the amazing children we have.  That is, at least to some degree, the ""domino effect"... one ebent leads to the next, which leads to the next and so on.

What would have happened (or not happened) had the woman at the well stayed at the well?  What would have happened (or not happened) if she had not left her waterpot?  Did she have a responsibility to bring water back to her home.  Of course she did.  Did she have a greater responsibility to the people of the town, to share the news of Messiah's arrival?  Most definitely. 

Friends, we may not have waterpots to leave, but I am guessing that there is something we can/should leave behind that takes a backseat to the Gospel.  Well... what is it in your life?

Cheers.

No comments: