Thursday, June 3, 2010

Take Heart

You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
2 Timothy 3:10-13

Did you catch that?  If your desire is to live a godly life in Christ… you are guaranteed the resentment of this world.  That's a hard pill to swallow considering the fact that we are called to serve that world. 
 
But that should come as no surprise.

Jesus died for the sins of the world and most of the world today (and back then) rejects Him or worse yet… denies His very existence.

Take heart friends and co-laborers in the ministry.  Greater is He who is in you than he that is in this world.

No comments: