Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Generosity and Wealth!

Better a little with the fear of the LORD
than great wealth with turmoil.
Better a meal of vegetables where there is love
than a fattened calf with hatred.
Proverbs 15:16 - 17
 
It is hard not to notice that in our country, we are blessed.  Sure, there is somewhat of a problem with our economy at the moment, but a candid look at the history of the U.S.A. will show that we are, most certainly, blessed.  And that should serve as a great caution to us.  Often times the Lord used wealth (or the lack thereof) as a refining agent... something designed to purge impurities from our lives.
 
Here are a few things to ask yourself regarding wealth:
 
1.  Do I see my "net worth" as being on wall street, or in Christ?
 
2.  Am I being a good steward with what the Lord has entrusted to me?
 
3.  Am I being generous with what the Lord has blessed me with?
 
4.  Am I seeking to be a blessing?
 
All a man's ways seem innocent to him,
but motives are weighed by the LORD.
Proverbs 16:2
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo. God has bless me to be around some great preachers in the past like, Vernon McGee, John MacArthur and many others. I never thought about it at the time, but it would have been nice to have a photo taken with them.
God Bless You and keep up the good work for Jesus.