Monday, November 16, 2009

To daddy with love

The other day my oldest daughter (Dannia) drew me a bunny.  She thought of her daddy and wanted to make me something that she takes pleasure in... bunnies.  What did I say?  "Thank you baby... this is wonderful!" and it is.  She took time out of her day to draw me something. 
 
I can't but help think of the Lord's commands to His church:
 
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
 
and...
 
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23 and 24
 
Being a father has really impacted my understanding of the Fatherhood of God.  With what we have seen above, are you seeking to please your Father with and in everything you do?
 
 

No comments: