Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Main Thing

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
2 Timothy 4:6 - 8
 
My intention is not to mine this passage, but to simply bring the following to your attention:
 
1. Paul is tired, and ready to go be with the Lord.  But notice that he even sees his death as a sacrifice to the Lord.
 
2. Paul sees his service as exactly that... service. He has finished the race... effort... work. 
 
3. Despite all his heartache and persecution, Paul has kept the faith.
 
and the observation we all need to see!
 
4. There is a crown of righteousness for all those who have LONGED FOR JESUS' APPEARING!
 
Are you living with a view to the second coming of Christ?

No comments: