Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Words on the page

I was thinking about reading today.
 
I read... a lot.
 
In fact I think I read more in three months than I did during my High School years combined. 
 
Reading comes with the territory.  There are theology books and sociology books.  Science books and just plain weird books.  There are articles online and offline.  There is a lot out there to read.
 
But you know what?  In everything I have read this year so far only one Book has changed my life.  Sure... there are things that folks have written that make us ponder or even rethink the way we do or do not do something.  But the Bible is the only book that has the ability to cut to the very heart and weed out all the impurities and instills hope.
 
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)
 
Let me challenge you to take this claim seriously and if you have never read through the Bible... begin that journey today.  You will be better for it.
 
You have His Word.

No comments: