Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We went a pickin'

That's right.
 
Yesterday I took the FAB 5 (+ 1) to a u-pick fruit place. It was great!
 
I am terribly allergic to bees and they were out too, so I spent most of the time talking to one of the guys who ran the farm. I asked a lot of questions and he had a lot of answers.
 
"So... how long does it take to get fruit once you planted an apple seed?" I asked thinking it was a short time.
 
"Oh," my guide started, "about three years they start. But round about the fifth year... they start really producing."
 
Wow!  What a great illustration our Lord leaves us with. Notice a few things here:
• Apples only come from apple trees.
• It takes several years for the tree to mature to the point that it  
is fruit bearing.
• The purpose of planting the seed is to produce fruit.
• once the tree is bearing fruit, the return is exponential.
 
John 15:5 says:
 
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
 
 

No comments: