Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He holds the future

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past." ~Thomas Jefferson

I am a dreamer.  One day after reading a book on being a supportive wife (Created to Be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl) my wife came to me and apologized for not supporting some of my dreams.  That's ok.  Some of them would have sent us to the poorhouse at light speed.  But truth be known, I am somewhat of a dreamer.

 

But you know what, I very rarely dream of what could have happened if such and such happened.  Often times when Daniela catches me wondering off into dream world it is visions of tomorrow or the year after that. 

 

It is so comforting to me to know that God has all things under His control.  He is just as sovereign over history as He is the future.  That is something we can all rejoice in: God's will shall be accomplished.

 

Until next time… shalom.

No comments: