Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My son and his dad


My son and I went to the store yesterday. He is only two and can’t unlatch himself from the car seat… I had to do that for him. He took my index finger in his little hand as we walked across the parking lot. He saw a truck coming our way, not that big… only a Ford Ranger… but big enough to scare him. I know because he squeezed my hand and looked up at me.

Sammy loved spending time with his dad and I love spending time with him. In fact, he is with me right now as I type these words. Here are a few things to think about as you reflect on your relationship to the Father and His relationship to you:



  • While you may not understand everything He says, He understands your every word.

  • Spending time with Dad is just as important as talking about Him

  • Much like my son would have been in grave danger in the parking lot by himself, you and I need to cling to the Father’s hand… knowing that He will lead us to safety.

  • Just as the Ford pick-up truck did not faze me but terrified my son, the circumstances of our lives do not frighten the Father. We should cling to Him for dear life.


I trust that these words find you well, and encourage you to:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight
.
(Proverbs 3:5 - 6, NIV)

No comments: