Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday, October 32nd

I know, I know… there is no October 32nd… EVER. But I figured it would catch your attention.

Now, down to business.

I have done my best to keep myself from allowing this blog to be the arena in which Chris vents his frustration. Actually, I seek to let my frustrations and pains known to the Lord. But enough about me… let’s talk about someone else.

I distinctly remember a time in Miami when a dear, dear friend of mine and I got in a major argument. I was not a Christian at the time, so naturally I showed my fleshly nature and… well.. let’s just say it wasn’t pretty. When it was all said and done he and I parted ways for a while and you know what? We are very good friends to this day. You see, he and I would never have reconciled had we not taken the time to disengage from the situation for a time. If you and someone else, especially a brother or sister in Christ, are at odds, let me encourage you to do two things:

1. Reconcile as soon as possible, for everyone’s sake.

“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. (Ephesians 4:26-27, NIV)

2. Cast all your anxiety (worry, concern) upon the Lord for He loves you and He is the only One that can do anything about it.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. (1 Peter 5:6-9, NIV)

It is when we are at our weakest that the enemy, the accuser of the brethren (Satan himself) makes his move. DON’T GIVE HIM ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY.

Finally, let me leave you with a final word of encouragement. The apostle Peter, in writing to the persecuted church in 2 Peter 3 ends his letter with these words:

. . . grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (2 Peter 3:18, NIV)

Shalom

No comments: