Monday, December 2, 2013

Adam, where are you? (Genesis 3:7)

Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths.
Genesis 3:7 (ESV)

After his eyes were open and the fig leaves were sown, the Lord re-enters the scene walking in the midst of the garden in the cool of the day. The Lord's question, " Where are you Adam?" was geared at Adams spiritual condition... not his physical location.  Adam was lost.

But there are two types of lost, right? 

If I lost my phone, it is no longer in my possession and I will diligently seek it. If I am on an unfamiliar path, I am also lost if I don't know how to get where I'm trying to get to. Adam found himself lost in both senses of the word... thus began the Lord's missionary work. Remember, Jesus came to seek and save that which was lost.

Cheers

No comments: