Monday, November 25, 2013

Hating God... John 15:23

He who hates Me hates My Father also. John 15:23

"I don't need Jesus, I have my own relationship with God."  That is a dangerous position to take.  You don't need Jesus.  I wonder why?

Is it His love and compassion? 
His call to social justice? 
Maybe it is the care He takes for strangers, or maybe even the respect He has for women...? 
Certainly it can not be His desire to see you made whole and restored to fellowship with God.  No I think I know the problem friend....

Jesus is more than a good man or a great teacher.  As C.S. Lewis made very clear, He would have to also be the Son of God.  That's the rub... You say, "I have my own relationship with God".  That is rubbish.  What you have is a god of your own creation... one who allows what you want to do and whatever consequences, if any, this deity bestows are mild.  No... you have a relationship with a being of your own creation, an imaginary friend.

(End rant.)

Friends, please listen to my heart.  I want you to connect (or reconnect) with God and that can only happen through the Lord Jesus Christ.  He loved you so much that He was willing to suffer the agony and shame of the cross.  If that is too far fetched to believe, I am sorry... but then again... many thought that the idea of the earth is not the center of the universe was absolute non-sense.

Think on these things....

Cheers

No comments: