Monday, January 7, 2013

Better is Better (John 16:7-11)

Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.  John 16:7-11

People quit jobs...

Some quit because they can no longer handle the demands.

Some quit because of family concerns.

I applied for a church ministry opportunity last year where the man leaving wanted to have the right man in the spot to "take it to the next level".  I admire that. Instead of allowing the organization to remain stagnant, he realized his limitations and acted accordingly.

What we see here in John 16 is similar, though very different.  Jesus is in no way "less" that the Holy Spirit.  Their roles are simply different.  Think for a moment about what this meant for Him:

It was better for us, that Jesus suffer and die.

Better for us...

I wonder what we give up or endure for the betterment of others?

Cheers.

No comments: