Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bringing in the Sheep John 10:15-16

As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.  John 10:15-16

It always interests me when I learn that someone is adopted.  What it must be like to know that someone loved you enough to choose you and take you home with them,,, to love and to care for.  That is simply beautiful.

Jesus is talking to Jews at this point and makes reference to you and me.  We are some of the  other sheep He has which are not of that fold.  We heard His voice, answered the call and followed Him.  Like an adopted child we were chosen and taken home.

I don't know about you, but I rejoice in that truth.

Cheers.

No comments: