Thursday, October 7, 2010

Forgetting to Eat???

As many of you know... I LOVE FOOD. And I think it's safe to say that
food also loves me.

Recently I let my social network know that I will (and have now been)
fasting for three days. I thought I would be in agony, but outside of
a really bad headache that lasted 26 hours... it has been amazingly
"easy". I found that after about 12 hours I was "starving", but after
12 more... nothing. Sure, the candy dish in the office is a real
temptation but I have lost all pain in my tummy to eat.

Of course, if I continue for weeks... the pain would come back and intensely.

Stomach pains call us to eat... a call to provision. Jesus, when
confronted by the Devil, said "It is written: 'Man does not live on
bread alone." (Luke 4:4)

Friends, missing a meal (or several) as a devotion to the Lord and
calling for clarity is one thing... but to neglect the soul of it's
needed food is dangerous.

Food for thought... eh?

No comments: