What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
I don't think there is enough room here to unpack all that this says, implies, and means! But for now… let's look at a few obvious things:
1. "What you heard from", Timothy was a product of DISCIPLESHIP!
2. "the pattern of sound teaching", in a world that discards truth as being unfashionable… stay close to SOUND TEACHING!
3. "the good deposit that was entrusted to you", what was entrusted to you was only a deposit… you have not arrived. DISCIPLESHIP AND GROWING IN CHRIST ARE NOT OPTIONS.
4. "guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit", this deposit is not something you can guard by yourself… you must RELY on the Holy Spirit.
5. "the Holy Spirit who lives in us"… Christ in you = the hope of Glory! You are PRECIOUS and VALUABLE to God.
Be blessed brethren… be a blessing!