Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Too Busy

"Daddy... can I show you something?"

"... not now baby... I'm too busy."

Sometimes life seems to move at a pace that is hard to keep up with. Work, ministry, marriage, parenting, school, and other  
responsibilities are not bad, per se, ... but they can lead us to loose sight of several needful things.

The church at Ephesus found themselves doing ministry in quantities that would make our heads spin. They were commended by our Lord for their diligence... but the praise they received lost all it's triumph when His criticism came their way:

I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.
Revelation 2:2 - 5

I wonder sometimes if the Lord were to write me a letter... would it include the words: "I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love."?

Busy is not bad... but we need to remember Who our first love is and keep Him first.

No comments: