Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Dedicated Life

To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have understanding and power.
Proverbs 8:13-14

This Sunday we will be looking at the dedication of the first Temple. It should be a great time as we examine our role in God's plan and consider our lifes (and bodies) as being dedicated to the Lord.  In the passage above, notice what the Lord is saying about the extent of corruption:

- THOUGHTS = pride and arrogance

- DEEDS = evil behavior

- WORD = perverse speech

We should be using, as good stewards, all of our time and energy to exalt the person of Jesus and minister to folks.

The Temple was dedicated... set apart if you will... for the singular purpose of worshiping God.

We should be too.

What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
"Therefore come out from them
and be separate, says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you."
"I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

2 Corinthians 6:16 - 18


No comments: