Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Family

By now... most of the people who have heard me preach and spoken with me privately understand that I think in terms of family.


I think like a husband and father.


That being said... consider the following:


You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.

2 Timothy 2:1-2


Paul pulls no punches.  Look at what he says:


1. my son -- PAUL SEES HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH TIMOTHY AS ONE OF FAMILY

2. be strong -- THERE IS PLENTY IN THIS WORLD TO DISCOURAGE... BE STRONG.

3. you have heard me say -- THEY SPENT TIME TOGETHER

4. may witnesses -- PAUL'S FAITH WAS NOT A PRIVATE MATTER
5. entrust -- THE SAME THAT WAS ENTRUSTED TO YOU SHOULD BE ENTRUSTED TO OTHERS
6. men qualified to teach others --
DO WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN ME DO

Is it any wonder that the Bible places such a priority on family?

Do you?

No comments: