Thursday, January 7, 2010

You Have Today...

"Dream as if you have forever, Live as if you only have today."
-- Author unknown (to me anyway)

 

I am so thankful that the Lord laid out His plan for us.  We are told to seek His will for us (Psalm 40:8; Romans 12:1 – 2, and elsewhere).  Probably the most telling statement made in the life of Christ about seeking the will of God is found in John 7:17:

 

If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
 
The Book of Proverbs exhorts us to live wisely and plan for the future and at the same time, James cautions us to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." (James 4:15).
 
We are called to be steadfast in our faith, and look to the glorious reappearing of Christ! (2 Peter 2 - 3)
 
There is so much to be done and often times we feel like there is too much for us to do for the Lord.
 
When you feel like that remember:
 
You have today.
 
Then ask yourself:
 
With all of today's potential... what will I make of it?

No comments: