Thursday, January 28, 2010

Avatar Depression?

Please take four and a half minutes and watch this video then read on:



Now... I don;t know about you, but I write fiction as an “escape”. When things get a little hectic in my life, after prayer and rest... I write. Usually it is fiction for youth. One of the tricks to good writing is getting into the minds of your characters. Having said that, let me say this:

I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN DEPRESSED OVER FICTION... EVER.

I'll be honest, not that I'm in the habit of lying... I have a real hard time sympathizing with this. It seems that there is a cross-section of our culture that believes they are owed something. Apart from the promises of God, they are not owed anything.

For the believer: a glorious inheritance and a home in heaven.
For the unbeliever: judgement.

Forget fiction for a moment... let's talk reality.

Brethren, we have a great high priest who not only is interceding for us at the right hand of God the Father but has also secured us a home in heaven and an inheritance this world knows nothing of. Whether it stems from engrossing fiction or the trials of life... you have a remedy for depression and angst. You need only to look to Christ, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2

No comments: