Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Who are you?

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken."
           
-- Author unknown (to me anyway)

 

I came across this quote months ago and it has really been weighing on me.  Where would the world be today if some of the great thinkers of the past had not been who they were?

 

Einstein…

 

Hemmingway…

 

Curie…

 

America's founding fathers…

 

The truth is that everyone has a sense of what they want others to do and be.  But in the end, we must all submit to the leading of the Lord in our lives and not make apologies for it.

 

To put it another way:

 

I have a very, very clear vision for my children.  There are things I would like them to achieve.  But I can not allow my vision… my idea of what the Johnson kids should be and do to cloud the vision Jesus has for them.  

 

Trust me… His vision is better.

No comments: