Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Bug

Ha. Looks like my plan to begin the series on time didn't turn out like I had hoped.

So... Next week we'll tackle some of the reasons people do not come to you and me for advice. Yep, that's what I said. There are at least 5 reasons. Can you figure them out? If you do, then maybe your level of influence will increase. But until then, let me share a quick thought.

I had the flu all day yesterday (which felt like a few days) and was pretty much laid up in the bed. Since I felt yucky every time i moved, I figured "I'm just going to stay put" and I did. There are two things that happened when i woke up this morning:

1. I felt better.

2. I really missed my family.

I didn't seen them all day with the minor exception of coming downstairs to get a cup of Ginger Ale. I missed them.

This is the thought though that consumed my mind this morning:

Being sick and needing to recooperate is one thing, but does the Lord feel the same way when His children do not spend any time with Him all day?

I venture to say... yes.

Shalom

No comments: