Saturday, May 23, 2009

Random Street Witnesses for Jesus' Fame

(Sent from a spell-checkless mobile device.)

Yesterday, some of the good folks from Bethany Baptist (along with some other area churches) "targeted" the Portland Rose Festival. We passed out tracts and were able to engage dozens of people in a one-on-one dialogue about the gospel. To quote my wife:

"It was awesome!"

We intentionally set out to engage strangers with the Gospel. I think I can speak for everyone when I say:

1. It did not feel natural.

2. I was a little scared.

3. I got to meet a bunch of really interesting people.

4. Once the initial fear was past... I had a lot of fun.

All in all... Jesus was proclaimed... the saints were edified... God the Father got glory... and people heard the saving message of Jesus Christ.

So, the question remains:

Will you join us on our next outing?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

We are not with you in person but with you in random witnessing as we go about the campus and the City. Don't you just love it? It is truly awesome. Keep it up dear ones. We miss you.
Mike and Sharon