Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Naptime

For those who may not know I am battling a sinus problem. I only write that to let you know why I took a nap yesterday. I was sick and tired… literally.

I thought though tat this would be a great time for Sammy and I to bond a little more… just dad and son…. So we camped out in the basement. He brought a toy with him, a motorcycle that turns into a jet. It’s a cute little toy. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I had to tell him “toutoe” (which means time for some sleep now in a modified baby Spanish). He wasn’t interested at all.

Here I was, a father who loves his son, trying to spend a little snuggle time with him and all he wants to do is play with a toy. As I watched him, this is what the Lord impressed on me:

Chris, how many times have I sought audience with you only to be ignored for something else?

Wow.

The next time you come to God in prayer or study the Word of God, come to Him with no distractions. He desires intimate fellowship with His people and if you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ… He wants fellowship with you.

Shalom.

No comments: