Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter on Our Minds

Greetings.

I have been noticing a trend recently. Pastors and church staff from around the country are focusing in on Easter. That’s good! But what I am noticing is that they are spending a lot of time and energy inviting folks to church. Don’t get me wrong here… I am all for inviting people to church, but let’s keep in mind what the focus of this coming Sunday is.

We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ every Sunday, but probably none more passionately than Easter Sunday. Here is my admonition to us all:

Allow the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior to energize, encourage, and strengthen you year-round.

Remember, He promised to give His sheep life… and life more abundantly. (John 10:10) And that is only possible through the resurrection. (Romans 5:9 - 11)

Shalom.

No comments: