Saturday, March 28, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

There is a saying that someone came up with that goes like this:

The Apple does not fall too far from the tree.

There’s a lot of truth in that. As I look at my kids, I am constantly amazed at how many spiritual lessons there are in raising them. Today I will look at how my son (Samuel) relates to all this. Consider the following:

  • My son’s growth is his father’s responsibility.
  • My son’s well being is his father’s responsibility.
  • When my son steps out of line, his discipline is his father’s responsibility.

And the list goes on. I’m sure you saw the connection. Our growth, well being, and discipline are contingent on our Heavenly Father being the sort of Father who loves us and cares for us.

Here is some food for thought.

How do you know if you are growing? If you are looking and acting mor and more like your Heavenly Father.

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him
be glory both now and forever! Amen.

(2 Peter 2:18)

No comments: