Monday, January 12, 2009

When Satan Attacks pt.3

A few days ago I mentioned that I have had the most challenging week of my ministry and I was rejoicing over it. That means, among other things, that the enemy of our souls has me and this church square in his sights. That is a good thing (read my prior posts.)

I left off on the fact that we need to pray, seeking the Lord’s direction for us, and that we will be obedient when He tells us to move in a certain direction. Here is the hard part:

God wants all of you.

While it is true that He wants each and every one of you, He wants 100% obedience from His people. Consider the words of Samuel, the prophet of God:

Samuel said, "Has the LORD as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams. (1 Samuel 15:22)

May the Lord guide you and direct you as you submit humbly to His leading.

Shalom

No comments: