Friday, January 30, 2009

The Bible and Such

While working in a warehouse in Columbus, GA a few years ago I wore headphones and listened to Bible teaching all day long. I distinctly recall telling my wife that I was bored out of my mind at work once and this is what she said:

“Are you serious? I am at home all day with loud children. Not that I don’t love them or love what I do… but I wish sometimes that I had even an hour to spend studying the Word of God.”

Wow… I praise the Lord that I have been commissioned with teaching and preaching the Word of God and have been given the time to study. Here are two somethings to think about:

1. Is there something in your life that you wish you had more of MORE than time with the Lord? If so, why?

2. It is often the testimony of those who have less of what we complain about that tend to put things into perspective.

Shalom.

No comments: