Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunday Morning Commentary (The Late Night Edition)

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (Hebrews 10:25, NIV)

Praise the Lord that He is still answering prayer and ministering to His children. Here’s the rap-up from my perspective:

  • I arrived a little late (8:30) and when I got there I found that the A/V guys were hard at work, the musicians were hard at work and Leslie was working hard at getting all the coffee brewed. If only people knew what goes on behind the scenes.

  • My Sunday school class is small, but intimate. We had some great discussion and I am looking forward to teaching through the Doctrine of Dispensationalism in the coming weeks.

  • I am told that the Thanksgiving weekend is one of the least attended weekends for churches; so I was expecting far fewer members than were present. Praise the Lord that He does not follow “statistics”.

  • What can I say about the worship music? I am always blown away by the talent and quality of the work every singer and musician brings to the service. I am also elated that they view themselves as worshipers and not performers.

  • The Rulis baby dedication was such a blessing and my wife is now urging me to consider doing the same. She told me that she has been thinking about it for a while but did not know how to bring up the subject. Funny.

  • I shared my heart today with the congregation… I WAS TERRIFIED. When Moses came down off Mount Sinai they were terrified:
    When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance and said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die.” (Exodus 20:18 - 19)
    I felt somewhat the same. How do I handle this Law? How, O Lord, do I present this crucial piece to Israel’s history to your church? From what I heard both first and second hand, the Lord saw fit to bless the teaching of His Word.

  • Today ended the Sermon Series in the Book of the Exodus. Next week we will look at Prophecies concerning Christ’s 1st Coming.

  • I am always encouraged when I see so many people engaging one another in conversation after the services. I love watching fellowships deepen and new ones begin.

Well… that just about does it. I am sure there is something I missed… sorry.

No comments: